Around 10 years ago, there was no such job profile as a Social Media Manager. It did not exist. Facebook was merely a channel to connect with others. The terms, “Social Media Marketing” was not in the dictionary.
Fast forward an era and every company required a social media professional, be it full-time or part-time. This role requires sets of skills as the person needs to handle several things at a time. Analytical, creative, technical skills with a little bit of project management knowledge is a must for those who want to become a social media pro.
So, what does the life of a social media marketing specialist look like?
We can say that it’s a 24/7 job as one needs to monitor, update things and manage social media platforms.
Essential skills of a social media manager
Here is a list of skills that you need to become a social media strategist.
· Strategy planning- As a social media expert, you need to understand the big picture. You should have a clear picture of how content, search and social media work together. You will be asked to outline goals, define the target audience and understand what are the platforms that will help you reach a maximum audience. As the job of a media strategist is complicated, you must have knowledge about all the right set of tools too.
· Writing skills- It is true that images play a vital role in the visual web, but a great copy is also important. Whether you are designing a Facebook post or drafting a Tweet, writing is a vital part of every media professionals’ profile. If the writing is not captivating, readers will not click the post. Great writing includes
1. Headline writing
2. Engaging Introductions
3. Catchy captions
Structuring the text in such a way that it’s easier for the audience to read is also one of the important social media marketing skills that you must possess.
. Community Management- Social Media is all about designing, observing and responding to discussions with customers. Monitoring the tweets, responding to Facebook posts are the responsibilities of a social media specialist. A media manager should know how to handle negative feedback and trolls.
· Curating content- Curating content has always been a vital part of social media marketing, mainly for those businesses who don’t have a team of writers. Social media amplifies and delivers content, both from the community and brand. A media expert needs to know which content works in the best way and which are the ones that do not work on social networks. You must know to create viral content.
· Optimizing technology and content- The social world is an ecosystem of mobile, content, and search. A media marketing professional should be good in handling customer service, should know the importance of optimizing the content for SEO purpose, how to make customers visit a landing page and fill the form so that the business gets new leads.
· Zeal to learn- All of us know that technology keeps on evolving constantly and every day new social media platforms are coming up with many interesting features. Moreover, customer expectations can also change within a fraction of second. To excel in a social media specialist job, you should be willing to learn new things and must keep yourself updated with recent trends in the industry.
· Search Engine Optimization skills- Along with social media, Search Engine Optimization is also very important to make a website rank in Google’s search results. Google will rank your website only if it finds your website and social presence trustworthy.
· Creative mindset- Social Media Marketing is not using some hard tactics. It is more about understanding the creative procedure that includes generating creative content that engages customers and that touch their hearts, and not just minds.
So, an important social media strategy is to think and come up with various new and creative ways to engage with the audience. You should have the willingness to experiment with new things. Never underestimate the power of visual content and always be ready to experiment with new things.
· Marketing- Although you are using Social Media in the form of a tool, you are still doing marketing. You need to have a solid understanding of basic internet marketing principles. For this, it is not mandatory to have a marketing degree, but yes, you must know how the whole process of marketing works.
· Project Management- Project management is also one of the vital social media skills that you must have within you to become an expert in this field. You must have the capability to handle many audiences over several channels using various reporting tools. Besides, you will be assigned to make publishing schedules, maintain the profiles in social media channels, and maintain a record of contacts.
· Analytical skills- Ultimately, at the end of the day, you must know whether your social media marketing strategy is working or not. This is where your analytical skills are required. You can learn the process of reporting and how to check the metrics but having an analytical mind will help you excel in all these. So, you can make an informed decision instead of making some assumptions.
· Strong communication and leadership quality- Keeping the management informed, everyone in the team Keeping the management informed, everyone in the team motivated requires leadership quality with strong communication skills. You should be strong in both written and verbal skills. A social media manager needs to manage. This means they must be a leader.
So, does it mean that one must possess all the above-mentioned skills to become a successful digital marketer? Not necessarily. If you have a few of these skills, you will excel. Rest can be attained with the help of the right social media skills training. With proper training, you can work on your weak areas and can improve on your strong areas.
Getting the right training from experts also plays a vital role in one’s career. In order to receive the best training, you must choose a reputed digital marketing training institute. With so many institutes in cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkata etc. makes students confused about which one to choose. A thorough research about the institute, its faculty, mode of teaching, placement process and other things will ultimately help you choose the right training institute.
If you are a resident of Bangalore and looking for the best digital marketing training institute in Bangalore then, Streamlyn Academy of Digital Marketing will be the right option for you. The unique thing that sets this institute apart from other digital marketing training institutes is it is the only institute in India that teaches “Programmatic Advertising.”
Advertising is moving to a stage that is dynamic and more customer-centric. Until a few years ago, the ad space was booked manually, which involved painstaking meetings, lengthy negotiations etc.
With the number of publishers increasing day by day, it is becoming hard for the advertisers to maintain a pace with the supply. In such a scenario, the demand for candidates who are trained in Programmatic Advertising rises. Are you interested in filling up the gap? Then, enrolling for a digital marketing course will help you.
Along with Programmatic Advertising training, Streamlyn Academy of Digital Marketing provides “Paid Internship to students during the course. After the completion of the course, they ensure that students are offered placement in top MNC’s PAN India.
The placement procedure of Streamlyn Academy works in a unique way. They have a dedicated placement cell comprising a manager and executives. They have a tie-up with several companies. Also, they negotiate with the client on the candidate’s salary, if they believe that he/she is deserving.
As far as the trainers are concerned, they are the best. All the trainers are Digital Marketing experts and working in Streamlyn Media, a media publishing agency in Singapore. The benefit of getting trained by such experts is students get the chance to work on live projects of different clients across the globe. As the trainers are digital marketing professionals, they are updated about the current digital marketing trends, which they share with the students.
Streamlyn Academy understands the significance of being a certified digital marketing professional. They provide certifications in Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Search Engine Marketing and many more
What more do you expect from a digital marketing training institute? Without wasting much time, kickstart your career by joining the digital marketing training course today. Reach us now to know more.
Got any query? Feel free to let us know your thoughts in the comment box.