Search Engine Marketing, or SEM, is one of the most effective ways to expand your business and reach new consumers. While it is important you employ organic tactics to attract traffic in the long run, sometimes, you cannot compete on the Search Engine Results Pages without investing any money- and this is where SEM comes into the picture.
Usually confused with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing is mainly the concept of increasing the search engine visibility of a website on various Search Engine Results Pages through search advertising and search optimization. The main objective of SEM is to generate high website traffic by changing and rewriting ads with high ranking keywords.
Two of the most commonly associated terms related to Search Engine Marketing are Cost Per Click and Pay per Click. To perform paid advertising, the most important thing required is SEM tools. Here, we are discussing the top search engine marketing tools that can help you to save time and money.
1. HubSpot’S Ad Tracking Software- We don’t pay for ads just for fun; we pay for ads as we want to generate leads and drive revenue for your business. The HubSpot Ads tool helps you to go beyond traffic and click metrics to evaluate exactly how ads are influencing contacts where they are in the customer’s journey. This will help you to understand which ads are working, justifying SEM as a channel, and incorporate your advertising with the rest of the marketing efforts.
2. SEMRush- This SEM tool allows you to conduct extensive keyword research, keyword rank tracking traffic analysis, site audits, and much more. SEMRush is a great tool used for finding opportunities to rank for the keywords organically, but additionally, you can use this tool to find out where your competitors are focusing their marketing efforts, and evaluate their regional presence, to find out how much money you want to invest behind specific keywords.
Also, SEMRush allows you to find out your paid search competitors, find out the keywords they are bidding on, and also study the composition of ads. This is important when you are making your own paid strategy and are not sure how to outrank your brand on the SERPs.
3. Keyword Tool IO- This is one of the free and effective SEM tools to bring into your campaign strategy as it can boost your keyword research. Enter a keyword and it will provide you over 750 long-tail keyword ideas. It works according to the Google Autocomplete feature and analyzes it to find out related terms that you may not be able to find out on your own.
Here’s how Google’s autocompleting feature works: Google guesses about what you are about to type based on the trending and most popular queries that start the same way. With this info, you can invest in the most relevant paid search terms for your customers.
Keyword Tool extracts predictions that are hidden in the Google Keyword Planner. The Keyword Tool Pro offers an added insight into autocomplete suggestions for Bing, YouTube, eBay, App Store, and Amazon.
4. Google Trends- Google Trends lets you track the search volume for a specific keyword across a certain area, time frame, or language- which can help you to find out which are the terms that are trending and which are the ones that are not. As you do not want to invest money on a keyword that’s declining in popularity, this is a great tool for all your SEM efforts.
Moreover, specifically, if you work for an eCommerce business, the capability to evaluate interest in your product or service in a specific geographical area is certainly powerful for making sure you customize your paid efforts to certain locations, saving your money in the future.
5. Google Ads Keyword Planner- As Google is probably where you want your ads to come, it makes sense to consider using Google Ads Keyword Planner to research relevant keywords for your brand and keep a track of how searches for specific keywords change with time. The Keyword Planner will help you to create a list of possible keywords to make sure that you are choosing the best ones for your business.
Also, the Keyword Planner will offer you suggested bid estimates for every keyword, so you can find which keywords work within your advertising budget. Best of everything, once you have found your right keywords and are all set to launch an ad campaign, you can do everything from within the tool.
6. Crazy Egg- How nice it would be to be a fly on the virtual wall while your audiences navigate your website? You could see what are the things that work and what are the things that don’t so you can make the changes in your site accordingly. Crazy Egg, the SEM tool allows you to be that fly.
Recording tools and heat maps allow you to see the journeys of people who visit your site. This tool can show you where your customer got stuck or where he was confused? What could be more helpful than this while trying to optimize your website for usability?
Let us tell you: A/B testing that allows you to see which version of your website works best. Yup, Crazy Egg does that. Best of all, there is no need to know anything regarding programming to implement changes to the website to use the A/B testing capabilities.
7. Google Alerts- Google Alerts is a free system that lets you keep an eye on the current trends, mentions, and information of a specific keyword. You can set Google Alerts to check news, video, blogs, books, and discussions. You can even filter down to a certain geographic area as well as setting the frequency
Google Alerts is a free system that allows you to keep an eye on trends, information, and mentions of a particular keyword. You can set Google Alerts to monitor news, blogs, video, discussions, and books. You can also filter down to a specific geographic region as well as setting the frequency of a given alert. In today’s ever-changing business landscape it is important to have a good pulse of your company, products, and services.
8. WordStream- WordStream is an advertising management solution that can help you to measure, research, and optimize your ads for better performance. You get access to advanced reporting features for data analysis as well as for tools to create ads. Also, WordStream has alerts and workflow tools that can help you make decisions about your campaigns.
9. Google Data Studio- Google Data Studio is a free data visualization tool that lets you create many reports and dashboards easily. It lets you connect to several Google sources, like Google Sheets, YouTube, AdWords, and Google Analytics. You can even share these reports with others who can either view and edit them based on how you configure them, just like the way you do with Google Docs.
With Data Studio’s customization, you can import data and filter for various metrics. This is quite helpful for account managers who report on different data points. While there are many other robust tools for data visualization, Data Studio is a great alternative for reporting purposes.
10. Optimizely- Optimizely is the best friend of any conversion rate optimization expert. This is a great A/B testing tool that does its best to reduce the development work of designing a test. By placing the Optimizely code across the site, A/B tests can be launched from the platform only. There is no need for any sort of development work before making any permanent change. Any objective or page event can be easily tracked and this tool displays performance changes in a user-friendly interface.
These are the top Search Engine Marketing Tools that can help you save your time and money. Do you know any other SEM tools? If so, please let us know in the comment section.