Backlinks are external links to your site. They illustrate the change from one website to another or from one web page to another. It is an important part of the SEO procedure. They help the search bots to crawl your website and rank it in the right way.
Each backlink is an important part of the ranking puzzle. This is the reason why every website owner wants more and more website links because it plays a major role in a website’s SEO ranking factor. It can be defined as a kind of hyperlink or citation included in the text.
As traffic is directly associated with the quality backlinks a website has, the more authoritative sites that link to you, the better will be your traffic and ranking. And obviously, you must keep an eye on your search engine ranking.
While crawling the web, Google searches for your website’s backlinks for understanding how your web pages are connected to each other and in what methods. Certainly, there are many ranking factors. But backlinks show the most significant metric for search engine optimization.
Now, quality backlinks are difficult to achieve, but they must not be. There are many smart methods to build or earn quality backlinks that will ultimately improve organic ranking. Few of them are:
1. Broken link building: Broken-link building method is one of the best ways to develop one-way backlinks. This technique involves contacting a webmaster for reporting broken links on a website. At the same time, you can recommend other sites as a substitute for that link. And here, of course, you discuss your own site.
As you are doing a favor to the webmaster by reporting the broken links, chances of getting a backlink to your website are too high. Therefore, to use this method, the first thing you must do is find relevant sites in your domain that includes resource pages. You must find them by utilizing these search queries in Google:
a) Your target keyword + links
b) Your keywords resources
c) Keywords in URL links
For instance, if you have a parenting site, you will search for parenting + links. In order to find broken links, you must install the Google Chrome plugin named, Check My Links. By utilizing this plugin, you can discover several links from this page:
While reaching the webmaster, first introduce yourself and be friendly. Make sure you provide the right location of broken links so that they can be found easily. Provide some alternatives for replacing those links, including your own site. Be helpful, not greedy to attain a backlink.
Most of the time, this method will work, but there will be certain times when the webmaster will not agree to link back to you.
2. Backlinks through infographics: One of the vital SEO techniques for earning backlinks is through infographics. It is one of the most popular ways of attracting huge traffic to your site and attaining important backlinks.
They are also great because they are simple to understand and share. All love visual data. Right? This is the reason why infographics are in high demand these days.
However, you should be careful when it comes to choosing your infographics. Each infographic must contain a unique and interesting story for your reader. For making your selection, follow the topics that are in trend and see what people search for, then create your infographic by utilizing the statistical data.
To start, research and collect data for content. Then look for someone who can make this content visual. Next, once the infographic is ready, you must make it simple for other people to share it.
Finally, do email outreach to individuals who have linked to a similar type of infographics earlier or have shared them on social media. You must ask for feedback on your infographic but should never ask for a link in a direct manner. If the audience likes your infographic, they will let you know themselves.
3. Guest articles: Guest blogging is the most efficient SEO techniques through which you can reach a new group of audiences. By publishing articles on other popular sites, you will be able to show your content in front of your new audience and get more exposure.
It is not always about backlink but improving your online reputation or increasing the number of social media flowers. There are plenty of ways through which you can find sites that accept guest articles. Here are a few ways to use Google search queries to find the blogs that accept guest blogging:
a) Your keyword + in URL: write for us
b) Your keyword + guest posting
c) Your keyword + become a contributor
d) Your keyword + blogger required
e) Your keyword + submit an article
f) Your keyword + guest posting
4. Keep an eye on your competitors: If you are serious about attracting more website traffic organically, staying updated with your main competitors’ online marketing strategies is compulsory. You must keep an eye on your competitors on their social media pages and look for the SEO strategy they follow. Here are a few tips:
a) Set alerts when your competitors publish any type of new content on their website. Subscribe to their newsletter or follow their social media pages.
b) You must know when and what type of backlinks are your competitors earning. This will help you copy their good backlinks and you will get an idea on what are the different methods they use for the promotion of their website.
If they are getting links through guest blogging then, it’s better to become a guest author on the same sites. If you find that most of their links are from blog reviews then, try to contact those bloggers and provide them a trial for testing your tool. Ultimately, they might end up writing a review about it.
5. Build internal links: Internal linking is an important factor for running a successful blog. They pass links, and you can make use of your anchor texts. Internal linking is beneficial for improving search engine results.
With a good internal linking structure, you can assist users to navigate easily through your site and improve their overall user experience. There are many tools that you can use to create internal links on your blog, mainly if you are running a Word press website, but you must do it manually.
6. Promote your content: Great content won’t help you attain backlinks until and unless you know how to promote it in the right way. You must get out in the real world and try an email outreach for promoting your best writing. One of the best ways to do this is to contact the websites or bloggers that run weekly or a monthly roundup. Again, you can make use of Google and search for queries like “Keywords +roundup.”
Contact the webmasters and provide them a small introduction to your site. Along with your message, attach a link to one of your best works. If they find the resource useful, they may link back to you in their coming roundup.
These bloggers are always in search of great content, so they want to hear from you. As with other methods, ensure that you do not ask for links from your webmaster directly.
7. Write testimonials: A simple method to earn quality backlinks in order to improve the results in SERP is to write testimonials for the websites you are utilizing. You need to spend a few minutes, and you can get a link from an authoritative website. If you are a customer of that product, there is a high chance that you can attain a link in exchange for the testimonials.
8. Get in touch with journalists and popular bloggers: In order to get links to your site, you must spread the word of mouth regarding your business. And what can be a better method to do this than doing email outreach to influencers and journalists from your same field? Finding someone’s email address can be quite challenging, but there is nothing to get discouraged.
Getting quality backlinks can be at times challenging, but you can find many link building opportunities by utilizing the right methods and resources.
Ultimately, keep in mind that keeping your backlinks is as significant as building them. If you are interested in knowing more about backlinks or want to know anything related to digital marketing or SEO, join Streamlyn Academy. It is one of the best digital marketing training institutes in Bangalore.
The institute offers digital marketing training along with Programmatic advertising. The trainers here are experienced and are digital marketing professionals in Streamlyn Media, a media publishing agency. Along with training, Streamlyn also offers paid internship and placement assistance. Students can also attain certifications in Google Analytics, Google Ads, Hubspot and many more.
Want to be a digital marketing expert? Join us!